Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

study nature....






















"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."
-Frank Lloyd Wright

Today the sun shone through for about ten minutes; it was just long enough to feel warm again, to hear the birds sing, to smile at a break from the endless white blanket which hangs over us. The forest is still beautiful, though melted a bit in spots. Birds are very hungry, came by the dozens to the little feeder I have on the balcony. You'd think they would have eaten those gorgeous red berries I discovered in the woods the other day, but I guess they prefer peanuts and sunflower seeds; morsels with some fat in them! Tomorrow I'll stop by the weekly farmer's market to see what there could possibly be in terms of fresh produce in mid january. It does get hard this time of year to find proper nourishment, and to not miss color, fragrant fruits, vibrant vegetables. But you do the best you can. I made a good pot of vegetable soup last night, with leek, carrot, potato, onion, corn and peas. Ramon won't touch it but I find it warming, and comforting. (I ordered t-bone steaks for Ramon from the local butcher. That ought to comfort him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails