Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Always Better When We're Together



"A good marriage is at least 80 percent good luck in finding the right person at the right time. The rest is trust" -Nanette Newman

It's Sunday, last day of the WE-kend. We started the morning with 'our song,' Jack Johnson's Better When We're Together. It could have been written just for us!
We took a long walk with the dogs, and discovered a field bordered on three sides with wild cherry and apple trees. The apples are ofcourse still green and hard, but the cherries, oh man, the cherries! Mostly there are the tiny, tart variety called weichseln, but we also found one tree that had these golden and pink blushing cherries which are soft and juicy. There is a nest of yellow jackets right below it, so you have to be extra careful and not linger around too long. We went back to those trees in the afternoon with a basket to do some gathering. It amazes me every time I find something delicious and edible, growing free and fresh in mother nature's domain. This planet we live on is nothing short of miraculous!
As the WE-kend comes to a close, I think about our little family: Ramon, Kiki the dog, and myself...I think about how it will grow in the future, how some things will change, but some things will stay the same. One thing I know is that I will always be able to trust my husband, and depend on him to make good decisions; support the family as best he can, and to communicate honestly with me. The fact that I am the other half of this marriage astounds and humbles me. I feel so blessed, and thank all the powers that be which conspired to making it a reality!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I love that song! We had tickets to see Jack Johnson last July in Watergate Bay (Newquay, Cornwall also where Jamie's Fifteen restaurant is)we drove four and a half hours to get there, but a major storm had blown the canopy of the stage off and it was cancelled. We were so gutted :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a shame! I am sure he'll come around your way sometime. I would love to see him live, I have all his albums and his music always puts me in a good state of mind. My favorite pasttime is taking a jog on a misty autumn morning, listening to Jack Johnson and feeling like everything was perfect in my life.
    Oh, and if we ever have a son, his name will be Jackson Dean, or Jack for short! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails