Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

tiny treasures abound...plus, easter inspiration!

When my twitter friend Sandra, or 'sweetpeas4me' as she's called there, heard about the project we have going on here, she told me she had some treasures she had collected over time and that she would love to share them. She quickly put all these little items together and sent me the pictures. Here they are, for us to admire:


"Found these along coast of Maine in September of 2008. I love Maine."






"Found these feathers in my yard over the past three years. Hawk, Blue Jay, Cardinal, Junco or Chickdee. Don't know what the white one is."




Thank you, Sandra, for sharing these tiny treasures with us. They are very beautiful. I especially like the beach glass and the cardinal feather. We are looking forward to seeing more of the beautiful things you find.



We finally took down the Christmas ornaments this morning. When the bobbles and birdies were nestled safely in their cartons they looked so beautiful that I had to take pictures. I've seen some people decorate white or silver artificial trees or bare branches in a vase for Easter and was wondering if I should do the same with some of these. They are almost too pretty to use only once a year.




I can imagine some of them would look pretty mixed with blown white egg shells hung with pastel ribbons. Here is my inspiration:



GORGEOUS.


Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. It's a sunny, freezing cold Saturday here...my husband and my dog are both napping and the only sounds are of the clock ticking, hot water trickling through the heaters, and my two loved ones breathing. Glorious. 


Looking forward to hearing from you....what do you think of the Easter trees? Have you gone on a walk today? Did you fill your pockets with nature's humble treasures?


Tell me everything!


xo country girl

7 comments:

  1. You sweet friend....the sound of your two precious ones breathing...how lovely.....

    I took my walk with Buddy, but forgot the camera ..he was so excited to go..I just made a mad dash out...but we will go again this afternoon before the storms hit....it's getting cloudy...gonna be super stormy...and cozy here at Farmhouse... John got the Cecil Brunner rose and the Night Owl rose..both climbers planted yesterday...right before the rain...I have sweet pea seeds and forget me not seeds ready to sprinkle too....

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Easter trees....darling. Love the idea of using some of the birdie ornaments too....they are just too beautiful to keep hidden away all year....

    Thanks for the help in "link world"...it is on my list to work on this weekend in the rain...

    and your friends finds from the coast of Maine....we all LOVE MAINE.....beautiful....

    I'll be back to visit soon....

    have a cozy winter weekend, dear one

    Love You,
    Kary and Buddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    I love your little treasures idea! Your blog is becoming so palpably YOU. It's great. Funny thing is, John and my mother have always both done this throughout my life. It's one of my favorite things about them. Mom will send me a leaf every fall from Atlanta, where I grew up, so that I can feel the fall. It is the one thing I really miss in CA. I like to take a trip back east in the fall. Maryland (where I lived between Atlanta & CA) had the most wonderful seasons! Four distinct ones. That's one of the reasons I love your blog so much. You so generously share your seasons with us.

    John also collects things everywhere. We have so many little John treasures sprinkled around the house. I love seeing the world through his eyes through the things he deems as special. He shows them to me from a new perspective. Driftwood... he loves driftwood! Also, screws and metal pieces and things that are very masculine and intriguing.

    Thanks for another beautiful post. Enjoy your quiet Saturday. I love the feel of gently sleeping souls in my own home as well.

    xo
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little things idea! I am having a bit of an overwhelming time so I hope it might be still going in a few weeks when things have calmed down.
    All Good Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice...yes, easter tree.
    Went on a photo safari with your 'tiny treasures' inspiration in mind and will post them on my blog..I'm still relaxin' with the cats in Moss beach...it's raining..there are storms coming in...perfect time to blog and connect with family here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of the collected feathers and your sparkly bird decorations are too beautiful! I love the idea of your group nature project, I'll definitely do some gathering on my next walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such beautiful photos of all these little treasures!! That's such a great little group project! Maybe I'll take my camera next time I walk Winslow!

    And I love easter trees - I usually find a pretty branch and then hang easter eggs and decorations from it. Great idea to incorporate birds!!

    Glad you are having a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw...lovely image there of the nice quiet house and the loved ones sleeping and you smiling... Love the Easter trees - will you make one? xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails