Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome, Summer!

Happy summer everyone!

I gathered all sorts of wild plants and pods on the first walk of the summer this morning, combining them to make a tiny nature table to welcome the new season. The sun is shining bright and strong, raspberries and cherries are ripe, and roses are spilling over fences all over the neighborhood. Bees buzzing and birds singing...the sounds of summer!






It was so much fun to search the forest floor for nature's treasures. I know it's been many months since my last tiny nature table; I hope to keep it up now, and hope you will share your nature treasures, too!

The arrival of a new season is always something exciting. It reminds us of the earth's cycles, which we are a part of, even today in this modern time. No one can stop the weather, no one can manipulate the seasons. It's something eternal for us to hold onto in these times when we are surrounded by the finite.

Wishing you all a most beautiful summer....warm, colorful, fragrant, and laden with many happy memories.

xoxo country girl

8 comments:

  1. SUCH A NICE IDEA TO PRESENT THE SEASONAL PLANTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you see things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy summer to you too Dawn and a very hapy first summer to Raffi!
    This is one of my favourite days of the year, I love the fact that it is the longest which makes me feel as though I should cram as much into it as possible to make it extra worthwile.
    Your nature table is darling, I love seeing all the little treasures you find. I photographed some of my own last winter, but I never got around to posting them. I must not do that again, so as and when I find some treasures I will post them!
    Love Morwenna
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Summer, sweetie! Enjoy your walks!
    Beautiful nature table! Everything is so green and fresh!
    Take Care!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...it's so cool to see this work you do, so beautiful...and informative.
    Love you my Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. it seems that you are dedicatedly honored to summer. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. .....happy summer to you too dawn....

    sending love to you and baby

    kary
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dawn I love your nature table, what a nest thing to do! Of course I'm impressed that you know all the names of everything!! I could pick things up but would not know the names of them;(

    Glad you are still enjoying your walks!! Blessings...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails