Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Color Of Winter


"The color of springtime is in the flowers; the color of winter is in the imagination."
-Terri Guillemets

The hoarfrost is even thicker today. I hiked up to the hill top, huffing and puffing, Rafael huddled warmly into his carrier as usual. I am so greedy when it comes to photographs. The strong desire to capture beauty with my camera lens gets me itchy and desperate to go out into the world. I don't want to miss anything. Some people collect baseball cards or shoes. I collect images.

I read a quote, "Having a camera does not make you a photographer," and it's true, I'm not a photographer. But I love taking photographs. Love it.

See pictures of today's striking hoarfrost on the phenologist. It was so beautiful that I didn't feel the cold.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. You might not consider yourself a photographer, but I think everyone who sees your pictures might disagree! You take the most wonderful pictures, and are able to capture nature at its fullest. I also love taking pictures, although mine don't come any where near to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunningly beautiful photograph, Dawn! And the frost is soooo different from what we get here in our mtns! I really have never seen anything quite like it! It looks magical or surreal and I quite understand the overwhelming urge to capture that moment. Does it change quickly as the sun rises in the sky? My love to you on this Thanksgiving day here in the US! I am thankful for you and your lovely photograghs and sweet blog! Hugs, Sherry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You summed that up just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like looking into a magic glass.These fotos are full of poetry,I hear a music......

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you happy that is all that matters...but it makes us happy too so even more reason to be cheerful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! :-)

    It's not the camera that takes the pictures.
    I love your enthusiasm. Very comforting to know that there are people out there who capture the world I cannot see for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ηurrah! At last I got a blog fгom where I
    be cаpable оf genuinely take valuable infoгmation concerning my studу and κnowledgе.


    Also visit my web blog - buy toys

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails