Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 Days A Week

The other day I looked at Rafael and couldn't believe how big he has gotten. I decided to start taking a photo of him 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.

It has become one of my favorite parts of the day: Raffi wakes me up at around 6:30, when it's still dark and my husband and the dogs are still deep asleep. Rafael and I kiss and nuzzle, I change his diaper, and then we go to the bathroom where I brush my teeth while he sits in his car seat by the heater and watches me with curious eyes.

Then we go to his room, which feels so warm and quiet, and while he swats at the wooden rings on his baby gym, I pick out the little outfit for the day. At some point, we hear the tip-tip-tip of doggy paws on the floor, and they join us in his room, with tail wags and sleepy stretches.

When there is a little sunlight, I sit him on the plump white chair, give him a toy, and take photos of him. He looks out the window, looks at his toy, looks at Boston or Kiki, sometimes looks at me.

Wherever he looks, he always looks CUTE.

shirt: C&A :: wool pants: H&M mouse: Powell Craft, a gift from Rachel

plaid shirt: Gap :: corduroy pants: H&M :: teddy bear: vintage find

striped shirt: cosilana :: jeans: H&M :: double decker bus: vintage find

striped onesie and sweat suit: H&M :: wooden toy: Walter

plaid jacket: Gap :: jeans: H&M :: sneakers: Nike :: crocheted bear with red scarf: Ana Paula Rimoli :: alphabet pillow: loop loft

Our tiny daily photo shoot has quickly become a morning ritual and I am so happy about it. I am so excited to watch him grow, picture for picture, day for day! So, I hope to keep this post series going every Sunday. 

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies!

xoxo





14 comments:

  1. oh my word, he is adorable! you have a stylin babe on your hands mama! :) cheers to you both!! xo ><>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love all the pictures Dawn he looks soooo adorable :) and cute outfits :)

    have a Great week

    Mary Chicago IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! You will be able to look back one day, and see the day to day changes. He is getting so big, and look at those adorable cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! What a wonderful idea and thoughtful gift to all of us who cannot be there in person with you every day.
    Thank you Dawn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh yes, the cheeks, a true Schoenherz family feature. Ya'll should have seen Dawn's gorgeous apple pink cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's not a real baby,he's a doll! a very smart doll!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raffi is a beautiful boy. Not sure if that is right to say or handsome, but he is just gorgeous. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your time with him so much. What a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. he is so adorable and what a great stylist he has - she sure know how to dress him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how adorable! he's gorgeous in all his little outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Especially love Monday's outfit. He looks so cozy comfy. The pants are adorable!

    You mention his "curious eyes"... I have noticed in the pictures that, when not smiling, he looks very thoughtful. Like his brain is taking everything in, doesn't miss a beat. Looks and smarts, the whole package!:)

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh swoon! He is just delicious Dawn! I love love love these little photos of him...do more of these posts, they are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to record these precious moments! I love his "Tuesday" expression, such love and contentment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails