Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Once Upon a Winter Day









"To be housebound in the dead of winter is one of the most voluptuous enjoyments that I know, a supreme glorification of the creature comforts; that snuggling down by a roaring fire while the blizzard rages without, that anticipatory planning of warm and heartening dishes, of a special winter edition of the cup that cheers, and to crown it all, the eventual retiring to a cozy bed with a book."
-Barbara Webster, The Green Year


I am thoroughly enjoying the snow now that it is finally here. The bundling up for walks outside...the cozying up with leg warmers and a cup of malty, milky Caro when you come home.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful and how perfect this sentiment captures my exact feelings....well, the snow was late in coming to Austria, but its arrivals heralds joy....
    xo
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn. I love that quote so much! That is exactly how I feel even on rainy days. I find myself really looking at my behavior over the years and I really cocoon during those cold rainy/snowy days. I can't seem to really force myself to do much more than read and eat and walk my dogs after work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! You got the snow you wished for! Yay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun with these photos. I love photo editing.
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your winter day and snowy morning are so very, very beautiful. Serene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got snow this past week too.... and forty to fifty mph wind! I worry for people out in it (driving, etc.) and the wildlife (they have to be cold, right?), but it is glorious to see if you are safe & sound.:)

    Enjoy!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie: Actually I shot these with the Hipstamatic app on my iphone, so I didn't have to do any editing at all. But you are right, they were fun to take!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! Finally snow. We have tons in the mountains but still none here. I hope I can post about snow soon. The quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails